Charlie was put to bed 20 min ago, and I realized he was not sleeping yet, so I went into his room to tuck him in for a 2nd time. This happens nightly.
I picked him up and hugged him for 1 min, and laid him back down. I situated his blankets, animals, rubber dinosaur, and such.
He looked up at me and said, " I want to cuddle with mommy"
It was so hard for me to say a flat out NO.
"No Charlie, Mommy has to work in the morning and I am tired, I need some rest"
Charlie looks up at me and says "Work? Mamma...... You work on farm mamma?"
"Do I work on a farm?" I questioned
"Yeah." he excitedly said.
"No Charlie I don't work on a farm, do you want to work on a farm some day?"
"Yeah, I work on farm, when I big and drive tractor." he replies as he grins through his pacifier.
#1 How cute is he?
#2 If you can tell your mom you want to work on a farm and drive a tractor, I think it is time to give up the pacifier...
#3 Days like today when I started out on the wrong foot with coughing fit from Lilly at 4am, and beating myself up over a $23 plant I already killed. I need to remember my son asking me if I work on a farm.
#4 Why is my son asking me if I work on a farm? Do I look like shit?
Charlie from Easter in 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment